- Pairs with: Pinot Grigio
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cooking time: 5 min
- Difficulty: easy
- For the dressing:
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch sugar
- 7 tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- For the salad:
10 cups baby spinach, washed and dried
- 1 pomegranate, halved and seeded
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 small bunch chives, chopped
- 1 cup soft goats' cheese
- For the dressing: Whisk together the white wine vinegar, mustard, sugar and salt and pepper to taste in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the olive oil in a slow, steady stream until thickened and emulsified. Whisk in more salt and pepper to taste as needed.
- For the salad: Add the spinach leaves, pomegranate seeds, sliced almonds and chives to the dressing. Toss well to coat.
- Break the soft goats' cheese into chunks and add to the salad. Toss again before serving.